How I Buy From Amazon – The Buying, Shipping and Delivery:
Amazon online store is one the largest and trusted online shopping site in the world with several interesting departmental stores online where one can actually make secure purchases online and have bought items delivered safely to your doorstep here in Nigeria. It seem to be a bit wonder to so many Nigerians.
I have received lots of requests, mails and friendship chats asking me on “how is that possible legitimately?” The fact is, anyone can buy from Amazon departmental stores but there are some destination delivery restrictions of certain items to certain countries for reasons best known to them.
|Screen Shot Image: Sensitive information are blurred|
Quick Summary on How To Get Started:
- Get any of Nigerian banks issued card [Verve, Master or Visa], GTBank and Zenith rock good for me.
- Signup a personal US virtual address account with www.myus.com
- Open or sign up for an Amazon account, it’s free! In your account settings, use your regular Nigerian address for profile, update payment/billing segment with your card information like your Names, card numbers, expiring date, CVV( last three numbers written at the back of your ATM card) and billing address on your ATM card account. Please ask your bank for more information on that.
- Use the given US address and number obtained from MyUS.com to update your shipping address with Amazon account.
- Watch out for when Amazon will be offering discounts and rebate pricing, this could happen at special times and seasons of the year especially Mothers Day, Easter, Christmas, New Year Eve, or festive times, Black Friday or Cyber Monday( a Friday before the thanksgiving or Monday after thanksgiving), at such times, you could get 50 to 70% OFF on price tags.
- To successfully make purchase on any merchant site in the world where
Nigeria is listed among others, I encourage you to have your card
activated for online purchases via a given VISA/MASTER card secure link by your bank
or have that done if you’re subscribed to Internet banking. “This is the core
reason when not done, your card might not work on major sites like Amazon
and the likes though Nigeria may be listed.”
- You can actually make good profits buying goods at cheap prices and reselling them to friends, colleagues, and relatives here in Nigeria like Laptops, Digital cameras, Electronics, Mobile Phones, Toys, Games, Clothing, Accessories, Books, Wrist Watches, jewelries…just name it. I legitimately enjoy shopping online and making good profits doing same, anyone can! Feel free to leave comments or share with us your own experience on the comment box.
- The same process is applicable to buying online on other merchant sites that do enlist Nigeria for card billing information but do not ship outside the US.